# NM1

Tuesday, February 23, 2010


I am cranking along here, so I've decided to share some non-Martha recipes for some things that I really love to make and eat. The first notmartha project is my meatloaf, which is one of my favorite things.

The beauty about this recipe is that it isn't really a recipe, but more of a formula. Basic components:

- 1 package ground turkey (I think it's around 20 ounces)
- 1 egg
- 1 - 2 cups of some sort of grain - bread, stuffing mix, oats, rice (cooked), whatever. You could probably even use beans.
- 2 - 3 cups of chopped, sauteed (so that they don't make your meatloaf watery) vegetables. I most often use onions, peppers, mushrooms and carrots, but it's basically limitless. The nice part about this step is that it can be done ahead, and you can make the pieces as big or small as you want, even pureeing them if you're trying to hide their presence from picky kids.
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce or ketchup, or a mix of the two.
- anything else you want to throw in (cooked bacon and chunks of cheese are a yummy addition)

Mix it all together in a big bowl with your hands. Press into the pre-greased pan of your choice (loaf pan, round dish, square, whatever floats your boat), glaze top with additional BBQ sauce if you'd like, and bake at 400 for about 45 minutes.

It's a good thing. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment