# 011 + 012

Sunday, January 31, 2010


Red Cabbage and Onion Tarts with Pureed Butternut Squash Soup.

Gabe's mom is a vegetarian, and usually when she comes to visit, I make quiche. I wanted to take advantage of Martha this time though, and make something a little more exciting.

The tarts weren't too bad, though Gabe hated them. I really like cabbage, so they didn't offend me. They're not too attractive to look at by any means though... And not something I would make again; there are easier ways to get my cabbage.

The soup was decent, though I didn't really enjoy the addition of the orange juice... it made everything taste to much like warm orange juice to me. Without it though, it would've been a really tasty, and fairly simple soup, though it did make me realize that I could really benefit from an immersion blender!

And yes, that is a kazoo on the table. Music + dinner time = non-stop fun!

Tarts Recipe
Soup Recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment