# 005 + 005.5

Saturday, January 23, 2010


Yellow Buttermilk Cupcakes with Strawberry Meringue Frosting. Both from Martha's Cupcakes book. The cupcakes themselves were delicious, but I'm only counting the frosting as a half since it sort of failed... Meringue is sort of a pain in the ass, and I knew that... I heated the sugar and egg whites, and then let them do their thing with the KitchenAid. 25 minutes later, I thought they were ready... I added the butter, and everything looked alright. But when I added the pureed strawberry, it all fell apart. Quite literally. It looked like cottage cheese with strawberries mixed it. I wound up adding copious amounts of powdered sugar to get everything to come together. It tasted good, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. I'll try again sometime.














Don't judge... I had already had more than a few drinks at this point. It was my birthday! Cupcakes were enjoyed by all, and the ones I left behind (since these were made at Ashley's apartment) were apparently enjoyed by her coworkers at a staff meeting.

0 comments:

Post a Comment