# 055, 056, 057 + 058

Sunday, September 12, 2010


#055 - Corn Tortilla Chicken Tenders



#056 - Grilled Pizza - As in, pizza cooked on the grill, dough and all! Very delicious.



#057 - Stuffed Cabbage - Pretty good, even though they made me smell like someone's Polish grandma.



#058 - Apple Crisp - This one sort of feels like cheating, since it's basically the same way I've made apple crisp since I was, like, 15. Growing up, we only had a woodstove (and no, Laura Ingalls Wilder was not my neighbor), which was not exactly the most accurate and even way to bake. Apple crisp is a very forgiving baked good though, so it was something that I made regularly. And Martha's recipe is pretty similar to mine (which was from, I believe, The Joy of Cooking, which was basically the only cookbook my Mom had). Making it today though did make me realize that I need to permanently "borrow" my parent's apple peeler/slicer/corer doohicky!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

Looking good! Are there links to these recipes? I have always wanted to try grilled pizza and yours looks amazing!

September 12, 2010 at 9:30 PM
Jill said...

I was too lazy to link them, but this is the pizza dough: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/basic-grilled-pizza-dough Pretty basic recipe I think, and you just brush it with oil and grill it for a few minutes on each side before you add your toppings. :)

September 13, 2010 at 8:52 PM

Post a Comment